Tuesday, November 23, 2010

Desiree Herndon


About Gisele:  Many people think that because Jon is the name on the sign he is the star of the studio, but Gisele has been photographing for over 25 years. She is the first woman in the state of Arizona to be recognized by the Professional Photographers of America as a Master Photographic Craftsman.  Gisele was Arizona’s Best of Show photographer and has won numerous National and State awards. She has influenced photographers across North America during her teaching of professional seminars from coast to coast. She is also Jon’s beloved wife of 22 years.


Gisele's thoughtsDesiree and I have been the closest of friends for nearly 15 years. Our children have grown up together and I love her and her family as my own. For some time I have had a vision of an art piece I wanted to create for Desiree of her and her children that would convey each of their dynamic personalities. Desiree is such an incredible mother nurturing a unique and beautiful relationship with each of her three children. Our kids are all growing up now, our eldest daughters just graduated from high school and are now off at college. I was so thrilled to have been able to capture these precious moments for my dear friend.








From Desiree:  During the photo shoot, I wept tears of joy and overwhelming love as I held each of my children so closely. Gisele intuitively recognized the unique, loving and special relationship I have with each child. Every portrait beautifully exposes our unique bond. These exquisite black and white portraits intimately convey the warmth, love, and gratitude I feel for my family. Thank you Gisele!

2 comments:

  1. This group just caught my eye and I kept coming back to it...Gisele is a terrific artist, too!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Gisele has made a portrait that everyone who passes through my halls thinks is a painting from days of olde. Exactly what I wanted....

    ReplyDelete