Wednesday, September 17, 2014

Dr. Geoffrey & Jennifer Landis and Family

From Jon: I smiled throughout our entire meeting when I first met Jen. Her fun personality, her skill in articulating her portrait goals, and most importantly Jen's natural ability to communicate her love for Geof and their children helped me envision the art piece I would create of her family.

At their home I noticed Jen's children are just like her; personable, intelligent, warm and loving. Geof showed he is a wonderful dad playfully and lovingly interacting with their children. As one of Tucson's most well respected orthopedics Geof works a tough surgeon's schedule but I saw that when he is with his family they are his only focus. When I photographed Jen and Geof together I saw a couple deeply in love, passionate for each other. 

When I arrived at their beautiful home for their session I was stunned by the incredible vista they have behind them. Every night they are treated to a three dimensional view of Tucson's mountains painted with orange and purple. Although I utilized many areas in and around their home for other groupings this view would obviously be the backdrop to their family portrait.




From Jen: Family portraits have a history of being a dreaded affair including bribery, threats, tears, sweat and a shared desire for it all to be over! I can honestly say, our session with Jon was the most fun we have ever had getting our pictures taken. The whole vibe of our time was relaxed and playful. By putting us at ease, Jon brought out our true personalities and was able to capture genuine happiness and love. Both Jon and Gisele were not only great with our three kids but equally impressive with our constant motion dog Wylie. From picking a small flower for my daughter to hold, to reassuring me of discrete editing, Jon's talent made our portraits beyond beautiful. As our children grow and change, I will forever cherish these portraits.   - Jen Landis

No comments:

Post a Comment